Smile!

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Unbelievable Italy...

In the waiting room of the company dentist the news (BBC obviously!) flow on the screen. Four of the main news are about my country: the buffalo mozzarella infection, the rubbish shame in Naples, Mastella leaving his office as Minister and Cuffaro guilty in Mafia case. The other patients were really interested in those news, in their faces stupor and smiles... is Italy in Europe?
One week later, Thursday at 6pm, another appointment with the dentist: Prodi faces the Senato vote is the main news on the BBC screen. I have my visit and when I leave and pay at the reception Prodi lost already his job.
Difficult to explain to my colleagues that a minister who has problems with the justice and is not clean is able to lead to the resignation of the Prime Minister! How come someone who should leave his office because suspected of corruption is the one who stops the government working!
Difficult to explain it to myself as well...

Something rotten in state of Italy (BBC analysis)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home